The digital advertising landscape is incredibly fragmented, making it challenging for businesses looking to advertise their products or services. There are so many options out there, from social media to search engines and everything in between. In this blog post, we’ll discuss why performance marketing agencies can help your business succeed with digital advertising and how they can assist you in achieving your marketing goals.
Performance marketing agencies offer a range of services related to digital advertising that help businesses achieve their objectives. These agencies make use of multiple marketing channels including paid search (PPC), social media, SEO, email marketing and more. They tend to target specific audiences with demographic-specific ads on sites like Google and Facebook. Agencies can also help businesses implement correct tagging and analytics to measure ROI on each campaign as well as provide guidance about what works best for different types of businesses.
What is performance marketing?
Performance marketing is the use of marketing activities that aim to generate leads and sales through performance marketing channels such as paid search, display advertising, social media marketing, and email marketing. Performance marketing agencies act as a bridge between their customers and the various marketing channels. They help businesses navigate the complicated digital advertising landscape through a coordinated and integrated marketing approach.
This approach includes the selection, implementation and management of the most appropriate marketing channels, such as paid search (Google Ads, Bing Ads), display ads, video/social media advertising, content marketing, organic search (SEO), email marketing, and other relevant channels.
Why you should use a performance marketing agency
One way to save time and get results is to hire a performance marketing agency. Here are the top four reasons why you should consider working with a performance marketing agency:
1. You don’t have the time or the manpower to create and manage campaigns on all channels. You may have the budget to hire a full-time marketing team, but that’s not always the best route. You may not have the time to manage multiple channels as well as manage the other aspects of your business, including customer service and product development.
2. You may not have the expertise to properly manage and optimize your campaigns. Running a marketing campaign is similar to managing an athletic team. You need certain players on the field, but you also need coaches to help the players understand how to play better. If you lack the expertise to properly manage and optimize your campaigns, you may need to hire experts to help.
3. You want to avoid mistakes and see results faster. Marketing campaigns often require tweaking and adjusting to achieve the best results. Hiring an agency allows you to avoid costly mistakes and achieve better results faster.
4. You want a partner who understands your objectives. Partnerships often work best when both parties understand each other’s objectives and how to best achieve them. When you hire an agency, you’re hiring experts who understand the digital landscape and how to navigate it, just like you would want for sports.
4 reasons to partner with a performance marketing agency
If you’re still not convinced about hiring a performance marketing agency, here are four more reasons why you should partner with an agency:
– An experienced and skilled team. Agencies typically have teams of experts in all aspects of marketing, including paid search, SEO and more. Hiring a single contractor or consultant may not yield the same level of expertise and skill across different channels.
– Access to the latest and greatest tools. Performance marketing agencies are often among the first to try new tools or features in the various digital channels. Being on the cutting edge of the latest features allows agencies to find more efficient ways of marketing to their customers.
– Access to large, high-quality networks. Agencies are often part of large networks of other businesses. This gives them access to customers that their clients may not be able to reach on their own.
– Expertise in specific industries. Most agencies specialize in specific industries. If you run a business in a specific industry, partnering with an agency focused on your industry can help you get better results faster.
2 reasons to be cautious when working with an agency
There are two things you should be cautious about when hiring an agency:
– Timeline of results. When working with an agency, results may come faster than if you were to do it yourself, but they will not come instantly. Partnering with an agency does not make the process of marketing any easier, but it can make it more efficient.
– Setting expectations. You need to make sure you are paying for the services you receive. Agencies often have initial consultation or onboarding sessions that last between a couple of hours and a day. Make sure you understand what you’re paying for and know what outcomes are expected.
How to find the right performance marketing agency for you
Finding the right agency may not be easy, but it’s worth it. Here are some tips to help you find the right agency:
– Know your goals. Before you search for an agency, you need to know what you want.
What are your goals for the next year? What do you hope to achieve? What problems do you want to solve? Knowing this will help you to better evaluate agencies when you find them.
– Be selective and don’t be afraid to walk away. Many businesses hire agencies that promise the world but don’t deliver. Be careful when hiring an agency and make sure it is a good fit for your company.
– Look at the portfolio. The portfolio of an agency is a great place to see what type of work they do. It can help you understand the type of services they offer and their skill set.
– Ask for references. Check references to see what other businesses have to say about the agency. You can also ask the agency for references within your own industry if they work with companies similar to you.
– Ask informed questions. There are many agencies that are open to answering your questions. Make sure you ask questions about all aspects of the agency, including billing and payment.
Performance marketing agencies offer a wide range of services to help businesses succeed with digital advertising. Finding the right agency can be challenging, but it’s worth the effort. Make sure you know what you want out of an agency before hiring one and carefully evaluate their work to find the best fit for your company.
Bringing on a performance marketing agency like Synergage is the best method for delivering high ROI while growing your business. Get in contact today to learn how we can partner together to deliver growth.